Hangouts/Adblock Plus conflict

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Taylor

Hangouts/Adblock Plus conflict

Post by Taylor »

I've had this issue for a long time with Hangouts and it never occurred to me to try disabling Adblock. Hangouts simply refuses to download MMS messages - they'll always fail.

My solution was always to restart my S4 and then try the MMS again, and it would work. For some reason, Adblock doesn't automatically aquire root on boot and fails to start and I've got to do it manually.. That's another issue anyway.

Rather than restarting my phone this time, something made me disable adblock to try.. Sure enough, problem solved and I can replicate it by sending another MMS with adblock enabled.

So the real question is, is this an issue with adblock, an easylist entry, or Hangouts?

Config: http://i.imgur.com/zQIj51r.jpg
nemethv

Re: Hangouts/Adblock Plus conflict

Post by nemethv »

Bump -- this seems to be an issue in general with Android 6 and Hangouts that messages (not MMS) are received but not sent if using Adblock. I'm wondering if anyone happens to have any ideas what either the host needs to be to whitelist in ABP or the ip address needs to be to allow in the proxy pass-thru?
Thnx
rach

Post by rach »

Hey guys!

We are aware that we have MMS issues, but we never really had the resources to test this and probably fix it.
Unfortunately we don't have Android developers working on it at the moment. We hope very soon though.
anurag.it2005

Post by anurag.it2005 »

hi,

hangouts also good app many android user this popular app because every mobile user use it..............