Unable to Install on Note II (KitKat)

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Arvind.exe

Unable to Install on Note II (KitKat)

Post by Arvind.exe »

Hi,

I have a Galaxy Note II with Android KitKat. When I try to install the Apk downloaded from this site, I'm unable to click on the Install button. The cancel button is working but tapping on the Install button does nothing.

I have unchecked both Verify Apps and checked Unknown sources but still the Install button does nothing.
This worked fine in Jelly Bean, but I had uninstalled AdBlock Plus, then upgraded to KitKat. And, now when I want to reinstall, I'm unable to do so. All other apps are working fine on my phone. Please help.
rohan

Re: Unable to Install on Note II (KitKat)

Post by rohan »

i hav also note 2. its working on my device.
cohara

Post by cohara »

rohan wrote:i hav also note 2. its working on my device.
I am happy it is working for you.
would you kindly let me know what you did.
the note 2 will not let me save the new settings.
this is what i did:
I have a TMobile Note 2 ; android 4.3
opened wifi
1. added my password
2. advance options
3. proxy settings - manual
4. Proxy host name current default is proxy.example.com - I changed to "LOCAL HOST '
5 changed port - to 2020
6..* Bypass Proxy for ... currently the default is ( example.com mycom.test - ) I tried both Local Host & left it alone -?? WHAT DID YOU DO THERE???
[/color]
7. IP settings ( tried both DHCP and Static )
WOULD NOT SAVE, SAVE OPTION IS WHITED OUT. It blows my mind 2 billion dollar companies Google & Samsung are so afraid of this one app, that they would white out the save option. thanks in advance for your help.
paulandreas

Post by paulandreas »

I have the same problem on my Xperia Z2. The cancel button works, but when pressing the install button, nothing happens. I have both allowed unknown sources as well as turned off the verification. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Paul
Tankpey

Post by Tankpey »

Same here. Install button always grey.
Lg G3 here.
Anyone thanks?
x4711

Post by x4711 »

cohara wrote:
rohan wrote:i hav also note 2. its working on my device.
4. Proxy host name current default is proxy.example.com - I changed to "LOCAL HOST '
5 changed port - to 2020
6..* Bypass Proxy for ... currently the default is ( example.com mycom.test - ) I tried both Local Host & left it alone -?? WHAT DID YOU DO THERE???
If you enter local host it will not work. You have to enter localhost - without space. Then enter port 2020 and leave the rest alone.