HBOGO (HBO-GO) Fails with error 30-34

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
adneubee

HBOGO (HBO-GO) Fails with error 30-34

Post by adneubee »

Symptom: When attempt to login or play subscribed media using HBO GO (HBOGO HBO-GO) and MAX GO (MAXGO MAX-GO) applications on Android they fail with message box header "Server Title" and message "(30-34) Provided identity token is invalid." Sometimes even if login succeeds, play will fail.

Environment: ATT Galaxy S4 Kit Kat v 4.4.2 with Adblock Plus v1.2.1, Google public DNS 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

Analysis: Occurs when WiFi Network Configuration to which device is currently connected specifies Proxy host name: localhost at Proxy port: 2020. Failure is independent of whether Adblock Plus setting Filtering is on or off and whether Advanced setting Proxy is enabled or not. It is the proxy setting on the Network Configuration which appears to introduce the failure.

Workaround: In the advanced Network Configuration setting for the WiFi network where the Adblock Plus proxy is specified, replace or add to existing Bypass proxy for: hbogo.com,maxgo.com [NOTE: Android silently ignores and will not allow save of modified configuration if there is a space between the site addresses.]
surfdoc37

Re: HBOGO (HBO-GO) Fails with error 30-34

Post by surfdoc37 »

Fix did not work on my Nexus 7. HBO app still will not play. Nor will WatchESPN.
dbldwn02

Re: HBOGO (HBO-GO) Fails with error 30-34

Post by dbldwn02 »

This is not working for my Verizon GalaxyS4. Are there any other fixes I can try please?