Adblock doesn't block ads ?!

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Alduin's Khajiit

Adblock doesn't block ads ?!

Post by Alduin's Khajiit »

It DOESN'T matter what app or browser on Android, NO ads are blocked whatsoever!!! STILL see MANY banner ads in apps and ad pop ups and Facebook ads show and EVERYTHING!!! I AM subscribed to EasyList and Adblock is active and EVERYTHING, but NOTHING is blocked!!!
kitdoctor

Re: Adblock NOT Blocking ANY ads on Android

Post by kitdoctor »

I just installed Adblock Plus for Android today on my HTC One M7, running 4.4.2 kit kat and can attest to the same thing. No ads appear to be blocked at all no matter where I go. I have Adblock Plus for Chrome, so I used the same sites to test there, and ABP worked just fine. I have uninstalled for now, but will be monitoring the forums to see if there is a proposed fix. Thanks.
Drengelus

Post by Drengelus »

Same issue here as well. Adblock is installed, on my rooted phone and tablet, and neither of them have ads blocked. adblock plus says it is running and blocking ads but this does not seem to be the case.
Anti fu..... Annoying ads!

Post by Anti fu..... Annoying ads! »

Same for me, especially on Google and YouTube (ads indicated in yellow) on ALL browsers on Android (unrooted and rooted), I use last dev version of ABP! :evil:

Worse, on YouTube INSIDE all browsers the fu..... CR.PS video ads bypass Adblock in Wi-Fi with your proxy like an YouTube application. :evil:

ABP regularly crash and reboot without works, I need to reboot my Android to re-work ABP few correctly. :evil:

Money paradise, I hate you! :evil:
Otterheart

Post by Otterheart »

Same here. Rooted galaxy s4. Worked in, maybe, early November, but not a single ad blocked now, anywhere. To make it more confusing, I've not changed anything... so why would it just stop working?
JacenSolo6986

Post by JacenSolo6986 »

I think it's been very well established that ABP just doesn't work. The question now is... What are the developers going to do about it?
bjoswald

Post by bjoswald »

JacenSolo6986 wrote:I think it's been very well established that ABP just doesn't work. The question now is... What are the developers going to do about it?
Probably nothing. We haven't seen any updates to the stable branch in months, and no updates to the development branch for at least 1 month. The only answer we get is "file a bug report". At this point I'm not sure the developers even read them.

Post by Guest »

JacenSolo6986 wrote:I think it's been very well established that ABP just doesn't work. The question now is... What are the developers going to do about it?
What's the alternative here? Are their any apps that WILL block ads in the apps?
Patrick05020

Adblock is having a mind of its own!

Post by Patrick05020 »

most of the time it blocks ads then at random times it allows ads. i have adblock for a reason and thats to block ads not allow them. and ive done everything i can about it, but it seems like a developers bug or just the servers arent responding very good. but if you are a forum member and have contact with a developer or the developers. please report this issue to them.
mapx

Post by mapx »

see (for android 4.4.2 issues)
forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28887
What I did to solve this was I uninstalled the Samsung Security Policy Update through the Google Play store. The moment I did that, ABP started working again. Hopefully this will solve the issue for some of you as well.
ensoll

Re: Adblock doesn't block ads ?!

Post by ensoll »

Hello,

Same problem using LG devices (tablet, smart phones) using Chrome browser. AdBlock has been failing several times over the last month or more. I found some instruction to uninstall, delete the saved network connection, then reinstall, reconnect and reconfigure the Manual, localhost, 2020 settings, which I did. It worked for a short while but now the devices are all showing "Allowing ads on wifi connection" again.

All devices are current with all updates (from Verizon).

I've been using ABP for years on all computers/devices. This is the first time it's ever required my attention. Is there any help available for this?
nightmares

Post by nightmares »

Try Adaway. Work great on android(Require root)
Sandshark

Post by Sandshark »

It seems something may be amiss in the installation. It was working on my old 4.0.4 AT&T phone and not on the replacement of the same phone. See forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22561 for a solution. That will probably even work for a non-rooted phone, but I can't say since mine is rooted.
Qain

Post by Qain »

Setting up the proxy (which I shouldn't have to given that my htc one m8 is rooted) seems to make it work, but also breaks some functionality with google and many other sites, thus making the change completely obsolete.

I've been trying to set up my own hosts file, but that doesn't seem to work either. Any suggestions regarding this are welcome (with adblock or any other software).