Adblock not working on 4.4.2 and 5.0.1

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
poik

Adblock not working on 4.4.2 and 5.0.1

Post by poik »

A little bit of background here, I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 with 4.4.2 and Nexus 10 with 5.0.1. BOTH STOCK AND UNROOTED.

Since last month i have been having various issues regarding the working of heart block for android.

1. Easy list failed to download multiple times and cause the entire app to crash.

2. Even after configuring the proxy port, on the notification bar it said that allowing ads on wifi. I disabled the optional trusted ads , changed port to 2020 and some other one given in the help page and non of them worked.

3. Even after disabling adblock i still had the notification saying that allowing ads on wifi which didn't make sense as I had closed the app and disabled this.

All these issues combined made for a very unplesant experience combined with the fact that there is no way to send bug issues to the app...?
I have since uninstalled this and I can say that I am NOT loving it at all.
I really miss the days when adblock actually worked on android and it was stable.
x4711

Re: Adblock not working on 4.4.2 and 5.0.1

Post by x4711 »

I cannot talk about Android L. There are for sure many problems with many apps as far as I know already. Sadly I need this update since I want that apps can write to my SD Card... But I still have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S with 4.4.2 and I am wondering that I have a different experience. It is not that ABP is problem-free but if I enter at my WiFi connection localhost and 2020 as proxy then ABP has the command. I do not want to put your experience into question. I just think - perhaps naive - that we have a very comparable situation and how can this lead to so different results? Perhaps together we can find out why?
bjoswald

Post by bjoswald »

Until we actually get useful feedback from the developers, the most you can do is use the latest Dev build. Don't get your hopes up, though.
ccyborg

Post by ccyborg »

Hello, ive the same problem with galaxy s4 android 4.4.2, addblockplus successfully installed but not works...
no way, in non-rooted, to access addblockplus config...

Post by guest »

I updated to build359 for my nexus7 2013 5.0.1.
It seems that adblocking is working now.
Is it a coincedence or some approvement has been done?

Btw, the date in notification says 2017, which doesnt matter so much.