ABP not working on Galaxy S5 Active

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
prosinz

ABP not working on Galaxy S5 Active

Post by prosinz »

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A on Android 4.2.2 I have installed ABP and updated the EasyList, and configured the proxy and port settings. I get the notification that ABP is blocking ads for wifi but they aren't being blocked. I use ABP with firefox on my pc with the same list and it blocks ads fine. Anything I could be missing?
prosinz

Re: ABP not working on Galaxy S5 Active

Post by prosinz »

I also created a new APN with t he exact details of the ATT one and changed the proxy and port setting accordingly. This didn't seem to block adds over data connection either, but everything still seemed to work
deviker

Post by deviker »

I have the same problem with the GM900P Samsung Galaxy S5 Sprint edition (used in europe, with HSPA and WIFI)

Even if I add the proxy to my conection adblock doesn't receive anything at 2020 and after a while it tells me it is not receiving any conections.

I suspect the galaxy S5 doesn't allow localhost or 127.0.0.1 to be used as a proxy.

My phone is rooted and I am willing to test anything the developer wants me to test (as long as is not something like the rm -rf / )

I tried other ad blockers (not together, I uninstalled them and I didn't try them together) and those using VPN configuratons worked well.

Maybe if adblock plus used a VPN like seting instead of a proxy it could work.
ghani1124

Post by ghani1124 »

Even if I add the proxy to my conection adblock doesn't receive anything at 2020 and after a while it tells me it is not receiving any conections.