ABP allowing ads on wifi by it self. Shield tablet 5.1.111

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
LordBlud

ABP allowing ads on wifi by it self. Shield tablet 5.1.111

Post by LordBlud »

After random time passes it suddenly starts to allow ads by itself.
In status bar it permanently says allowing ads on wifi. Even when it doesn't.
Every hour or so I need to disable and enable blocking inside ABP for it to block again.
Status bar message never changes.

Running ABP 1.2.1 # 347
U

Re: ABP allowing ads on wifi by it self. Shield tablet 5.1.111

Post by U »

Same here, I wonder if adblock really works or not
Randalllind

Post by Randalllind »

Seems to work some days and not other days using Manual Proxy localhost port 2020
anti annoying ads

Post by anti annoying ads »

ABP crash regularly on Android, suddenly ABP starts to allow fu.. ads despite the WiFi, he doesn't recognize proxy settings after restarting.

You need to reboot Android for ABP working correctly again, until it crash again.

It's stupid and like that since the end of 2013, it was never fixed this regular crash.

I'm on Samsung Galaxy S4.
mikaellq

Post by mikaellq »

The problem isn't in ABP but in Android in how it treats apps and takes care of RAM.
It kicks out apps from memory it thinks isn't currently needed and the only way to be sure of that ABP will remain in memory and continue working is to give it highest priority. You do this in Lollipop in Settings : Sound & notification : App notification. Touch ABP in the app list and give it the priority it needs. Solved!
kgm4714

Post by kgm4714 »

mikaellq wrote:You do this in Lollipop in Settings : Sound & notification : App notification. Touch ABP in the app list and give it the priority it needs. Solved!
How do you do this in KitKat? There is no such setting as "Sound & notification" in KitKat; nor can I find anything similar in the app manager.