How does the android ABP app update itself?

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
theNewGuy

How does the android ABP app update itself?

Post by theNewGuy »

Hi,

So I've been a long time user and fan of ABP on PC and have only just recently started using the android version (very happy with it thus far).

My one question is how does the app update since it's not in the Google Play Store? Does it auto-update itself like a normal app or will it push a notification to download manually etc?

Just want to clarify, the reason I'm so concerned with this is that I want to permanently turn off the apps notifications (not just hide it) but am afraid that I might miss an update notification.

Thanks for your help in advance.
theNewGuy

Re: How does the android ABP app update itself?

Post by theNewGuy »

Anyone???
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

I was waiting for one of the devs to give a definitive answer, but after rooting around in the source code, I think it implements its own auto-updater: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplusa ... rvice.java
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
theNewGuy

Post by theNewGuy »

Thanks for the help! Really hoping your right. Guess I'll just keep the notification enabled for a while and regularly check in on the build number to see if it changes.