once or twice a day ABP isn't working anymore

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Papillon

once or twice a day ABP isn't working anymore

Post by Papillon »

Since a month I get adds once or twice a day, when I clic the icon I get a message that ABP allows adds......I did not change the status of ABP.....but when I click on the message to open ABP it says it is on. I do not have to do anything else, it is working correctly....until the next time it changes the status all by itself.
I am using Android 4.2.2 and ABP #318. It happens as well in the browser (Chrome) as Wordfeud and other apps.
What can be causing this? And how can I get it back to work properly?

Re: once or twice a day ABP isn't working anymore

Post by 335679864344565355 »

I'm having same issue "allowing ads on WiFi connection" at seemingly random intervals. Opening the settings folder is enough to get it working again...
mapx

Post by mapx »

Did you try the last dev build (1.2.1.355) ?
devbuilds/adblockplusandroid/00latest.apk
elnator

Post by elnator »

It's doing it on the latest release that just came out. It's actually been doing it for the past several releases. Latest dev build doesn't fix it either.

Even rebooting the device doesn't always fix it. Once it starts happening it can be quite stubborn about starting to block adds again. Best remedy I've found is to reboot the device, go into adblock, turn off the proxy under advanced settings, wait like 15 seconds, go back in and turn the proxy back on.... then it starts working normally.

Happens about twice a day. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to just root my nexus and install addaway again, even though that means I won't get updates from google and it'll be a pain in the ass to unroot, update, re-root all the time going forward.
mapx

Post by mapx »

in this case ... file an issue on the bug tracker
https://issues.adblockplus.org