No blocking at all, but temp solution

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Savagestranger

No blocking at all, but temp solution

Post by Savagestranger »

So, I've been using ABP for years on desktop (among other things, noscript etc), and it's been great, so I feel compelled to post my experience with the android app. I configured the proxy correctly on my Galaxy Tab Pro (unrooted, btw) and went to TBP, which is a mess if you don't have some kind of protection, and was bombarded with 2 other pages loading, which tried to install apks etc, banner adds all over the place... Crazy ads that I haven't seen in years. All of my other android devices are rooted and use adaway, so no problems there. So I tried some other browsers with the ABP app filtering and still no luck. Then I uninstalled the ABP app, and ran android firefox with the ABP extension, ghostery and https everywhere (as an aside), went back to TPB, and it was as clean as a whistle and other pages seemed to load faster. So, moral of the story: If you don't hate firefox for android, and are having trouble with the ABP app, try firefox with the extensions that I mentioned, at least until you root (and use adaway) or the ABP app get fixed. I hope that this helps someone out there.