Proxy Chaining

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
nathanila

Proxy Chaining

Post by nathanila »

I have another program which sets itself up as a proxy. This means I can only use this other program or AdBlock Plus but not both at the same time. Can you create a proxy setting inside AdBlock Plus so that its traffic can be redirected through the other program?
Patrick200205@gmail.com

Re: Proxy Chaining

Post by Patrick200205@gmail.com »

no need for that. all you do is go to settings-wifi- the current wifi youre connected to and press and hold it. the click modify network (thiis will not effect you wifi or internet connection) switch proxy settings to manual. then put the host proxy name as "localhost" and put the proxy port as "2020". and you should be connected to the adblock filter server. adblock doesnt track your data, it just blocks ads. and every time you connect to that same wifi network it will reconnect to the proxy, but when connected to different wifi network you will have to set the proxy to that wifi network configuration.
nathanila

Post by nathanila »

That will redirect all traffic through AdBlock Plus but none of the traffic will go through my other app. I need the traffic to go through 2 apps. Both apps require setting the proxy to localhost and different ports.
Patrick05020

Post by Patrick05020 »

you mean that the other app that sets itself up as a proxy meaning a vpn(virtal private network) like betternet, go vpn, hola vpn, secure vpn. adblock plus currently cant do traffic through a vpn, and since im not a developer, im just a guy helping people on this forum, i cant do anything here. but im sure that developers most likely look through this forum. i mean a proxy cant connsct to a different proxy network, and traffic between eachother. ive never seen that happen before but i also do wish that you could use adblock on a vpn. but i guess thats up to the vpn developer, and adblock too.