filters subscription: Connection Error

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
MrFilippo

filters subscription: Connection Error

Post by MrFilippo »

hi guys,
I just installed ABP in my Moto G with Android 5.0.2. Everything seems OK, but it not download subscription filters. EasyList or otherwise. Shows "Connection Error" Any idea? Thank you very much
mapx

Re: filters subscription: Connection Error

Post by mapx »

I have no idea why that, but take a look to this thread where some users found a way to add manually the lists (normal lists like easylist but also custom filters, using the patterns.ini prepared in firefox on PC)
forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12469
kwanami

Post by kwanami »

I have same problem :shock:
How can I solve it :(
passat

Post by passat »

Hi,

I had same problem "Connection Error" on all lists.
In Adblock Plus, first I turned OFF filtering, and after I pressed refresh (update) button few times it updates subscription.
Then I turned filtering back ON.

Hope it helped
Katha

Post by Katha »

My ABP Filter Subscriptions List has not loaded for 5 days on my Archos FamilyPad2 tablet. The error message (not loaded) is proceeded by whichever name of the list is chosen, meaning, I've tried them all and none of the lists will load. Each time I try to refresh the list, it crashes and boots me out to the desktop. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it numerous times without resolve. I've looked endlessly on the Forum for the same or similar problems, but I didn't find any answers. It's been working fine for two yrs. I haven't changed anything lately... Plz help. :cry:
kwanami

Post by kwanami »

passat wrote:Hi,

I had same problem "Connection Error" on all lists.
In Adblock Plus, first I turned OFF filtering, and after I pressed refresh (update) button few times it updates subscription.
Then I turned filtering back ON.

Hope it helped
It works :lol: Thank A LOT :D
Katha

Post by Katha »

Thx for your reply. This does not work because my error msg says the lists are "not loaded" to be downloaded. I'm not rooted, but this has not been a problem for past few yes. This thread is about a "connection error". A "connection error" is when ABP is not communicating with wifi, etc. I started a new thread, but the developer locked it because I posted this msg in two places. Being new, I didn't know I shouldn't do that. My apologies. Anyway, how do I get the lists to reattach themselves so I can download one?
mapx

Post by mapx »

@katha, I'm moderator on the forum not developer and I have no android device, so ... you could try to reinstall ABP.
Katha

Post by Katha »

I have already uninstalled/reinstalled ABP numerous times w/o result. I do not know how to reattach the Filter Subscription List. The names appear but the coinciding lists are "not loaded." What to do...
jgora

Post by jgora »

Hi

Test if you can open this url in browser https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easylist.txt
If no success, you probably need to import any of the CA certificates in your android device.
It works for me.

Kind regards
Katha

Post by Katha »

@jgora thank you. I was able to open the link without hesitation. I do not know how to do the rest of what you indicated, but then again I'm only to do that if I was unable to open the link, correct? If it's something I need to try anyway, plz tell me how. Thx!
jgora

Post by jgora »

If you can open the url in device browser without any certificate warning, the issue cause must be another.
For me, this CA was missing since it's newer (2014/02/12) than android device version.

CN = COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA
O = COMODO CA Limited
L = Salford
S = Greater Manchester
C = GB
Katha

Post by Katha »

Thx again @jgora. I wish it had worked. I need to resolve this. I'm inundated with ads and popups. Plz help someone...
mapx

Post by mapx »

@katha, I posted above a link about preparing the list for android (together eventually custom filters, more lists as for PC)
it's a workaround, see if you understand and can it work for you
forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12469