Incomplete uninstall

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
hodag

Incomplete uninstall

Post by hodag »

Can one of the developers point me to the specific file, or group of files, that I need to kill to slay the updater? My stats:

Fresh install of Cyanogenmod 11 ROM on Samsung SGH-T679. Latest Adblock downloaded from this site on Apr 10, 2015.

Adblock Plus didn't work for me, so I decided to uninstall it. My problem is that while the program is gone, the updater is still trying to download updates. I have done everything I can think of to disable this behavior including setting the updates to "manual", disabling the program before uninstall, running the normal Android App Uninstall routine, running a tool that cleans up program leftovers, revoked SU permission for ADB, manually searched throughout the entire device (with root access) for anything with "adblo" in its name (and deleted those files / folders where necessary), booted to recovery and wiped the cache and Davlik cache, and STILL the downloader runs. There must be some line of code lurking somewhere that control the updater but I can't figure out where.

This is like the attack of the zombies except it is not threatening to eat my brain. How do I kill this thing once and for all? Headshots do not seem to work.