Great features on LG Pad 7.0

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
tims145@aol.com

Great features on LG Pad 7.0

Post by tims145@aol.com »

Our experience with AB+ on Android and a game we like.

I had been using AB+ with Firefox for a while with great satisfaction. On Android, I downloaded a game app (I don't want to name it here, since the vendor may realize what people are doing and try to code around AB+; but it's a word game that uses tiles on a grid...). The app appears to have to have network access to work, not exactly sure why... Anyway, besides that the app was free and well designed, with one huge drawback: besides small ads on the edges of the screen, occasionally a huge ad would block the screen and have to be manually dismissed.

When I first installed and configured AB+on this device, it seemed like it wasn't working. But what happens now is, half the time the LG Pad starts up and the app shows no ads at all. Sometimes, the app shows ads and even the occasional big popup, but after 5 minutes or so vappears to "kick in" and the rest of the time there are no ads.

I also installed it on my wife's LG Pad, and it has really improved her experience with the same game. I hope to donate at least a few bucks to AB+, it's worth it for all the annoyance it has saved us.
chapmanwj

Re: Great features on LG Pad 7.0

Post by chapmanwj »

I was just about to post configuration help message when I saw your post. I have a LG G Pad 8.3 running Android version 4.4.2. I'm having problems getting Adblock configured. I follow the steps to enter the Proxy hostname and the Proxy port but the "Save" button is grayed out so therefore I can't save and apply the changes. Did you encounter the same problem? If so, how did you get around it? Thanks in advance.