MMS on Moto X 2014 w/ Republic Wireless

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Cillendor

MMS on Moto X 2014 w/ Republic Wireless

Post by Cillendor »

Hello,

I have two problems with ABP. First, on my phone it only seems to work when using wifi, not the cell network. At least I can't configure my cell network proxy settings, so I don't know if it's working or not.

But the bigger problem is that it blocks all my MMS messages. I found an older thread here that suggested changing the MMS port to 8080, so I rolled back my Google Hangouts app to the oldest version I could (which allowed me to change the port), but it still didn't work. The only way I was able to get MMS to work was to completely remove ABP.

I've seen this issue posted all over the interwebs, but no real solutions (other than using port 8080, which seems to not work anymore). Will this ever be fixed with ABP, or is there a better solution? Please help. I love Adblock Plus, but I can't use it at the expense of being able to send and receive MMS messages.

Thanks!
mapx

Re: MMS on Moto X 2014 w/ Republic Wireless

Post by mapx »

to use ABP on mobile network see this post:
forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22561#p97340
Cillendor

Re: MMS on Moto X 2014 w/ Republic Wireless

Post by Cillendor »

I read through that post, and it doesn't help me. I can't go into the settings they tell me to change. I've seen that work-around on other sites as well, and I think it's a feature of Republic Wireless' OS specifically.