FILMON "App for android" affected

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
jimimaseye

FILMON "App for android" affected

Post by jimimaseye »

I use Filmon.com both the website and the actual filmon.com App for Android.

On our family mobile phones (all Android, various versions) whenever I use the FILMON APP the adbolock/easylist prevents it from working correctly: that is, it will load and play the FIRST channel you select ok, however, if I 'back' to change channel to watch a second channel, it then freezes on 'channel load' and the channel will never start playing. However, if adblock is DISABLED, and the same test is performed, then the Filmon app works at it should (freedom to choose and change channels).

Note: Adblock/easylist is NOT a problem when I use Adblock on the WEBSITE version of Filmon.com from the same Android device (nor from the the website version, on a standard Desktop PC browser running normal Adblock+Easylist). It is only interfering with the Filmon APP.

As it is with Adblock for Android (and not via a webpage) I am unable to access and see what rules are affecting the app from completing its page load and preventing the subsequent channels from playing.

I admit I am at a lost of laying culpability to whether it is a problem with EASYLIST or ADBLOCK (in that without a subscription, - I have also logged the problem directly with Easylist in case they find the cause (but they have directed me here).

Could you help or guide me please.
jimimaseye

Re: FILMON "App for android" affected

Post by jimimaseye »

*bump*

How does one get attention of the authors if you have a problem? Is this the wrong place/forum? If so how does one report an error with guaranteed review ?

Thank you.
mapx

Post by mapx »

you can file an issue on the bug tracker
https://issues.adblockplus.org
jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye »

Ah. Oh dear. Ok. (In other words stick it with the other 12months worth of 760+ 'issues' that are logged too).

Oh well.

(I guess Ill just have to keep ABP turned off)

thanks for replying anyway.
jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye »

I think it might be related to this report in issues: https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/253 (of which I also have the same experience too including with Playstore).

Note: 15 months logged, admitted to be a problem by "rjeschke" and made priority 2 with the words
This is an issue with our integrated 3rd party proxy code, we're going to address this issue as soon as possible.
And that was NINE MONTHS ago (6 months after logging) and nothing done on the bug since.

So I'll just accept that the bug exists and not to expect change. (After all, it is a FREE product so I cant complain or insist).
mapx

Post by mapx »

you could add your comment in that issue, ask if something was started / done ..