Constant Reminder

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
tamhas

Constant Reminder

Post by tamhas »

My office is in a basement where there is no signal from the carrier. However, there is WiFi, so the phone is configured to prefer WiFi over carrier signal when available and this works fine. There was some kerfuffle getting AdBlock happy with this arrangement as per a recent thread on the Save button being grayed out when configuring the proxy. I had the same issue on an LG G4, but following the direction to delete the connection and then recreate it, entering the proxy information during the create, It seemed fine, but now *every time* I open the phone, I get a message from AdBlock. I *thought* this was telling me that AdBlock was working on WiFi, but when I looked just now to get the wording of the message, it tells me that it is "Allowing Ads on WiFi connection". If I click on this message, and follow through to configure the WiFi connection, it tells me that it can't configure the proxy, but if I go to the WiFi connection I see that it has manual proxy on localhost and 2020.

So,
1. What do I have to do to get it to run on the WiFi connection?
2. How do I keep it from remarking on this with every start up?
tamhas

Re: Constant Reminder

Post by tamhas »

On further experience, sometimes the message is Allowing ads on WiFi and sometimes it is Ads are blocked on WiFi. So, the question is why isn't it blocked all the time and how to get it to stop telling me.
thuguerre

Re: Constant Reminder

Post by thuguerre »

hello tamhas,
I'm not sure to have well understood all about your issue(s).
Regarding the constant reminder, you can deactivate it with this procedure (from this post) :
By long-pressing the notification, you can access the application settings for Android and disable ABP notifications.
You will not be annoyed anymore with this notification.

For example, this is an online procedure :
http://www.howtogeek.com/204187/how-to- ... n-android/

Be careful, I am not well aware of possible notifications ABP could send to you.
If you do that (I have), you can miss other important notifications.
hope it answers your problem.