Adblock is blocking entire webpage

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
tkolodzey

Adblock is blocking entire webpage

Post by tkolodzey »

I am developing a site that has .com/advertisers/ as the url to one of its pages. AdBlock (only on android) prevents me from loading this page? I can go to every other page on the site but can't reach this page or any other page in the /advertisers/ directory. Is this a bug? or are there any solutions to this. There are no advertisements on these pages.

Full disclosure, I work for an online advertising company, and we sell advertisements.
mapx

Re: Adblock is blocking entire webpage

Post by mapx »

if you have no ads on those pages it's way better renaming the folder name.
tkolodzey

Post by tkolodzey »

We sell advertisements to advertisers, changing the directory name is problematic for multiple reasons. I'm not sure why AdBlock is blocking an entire page that the users wants to go to. Its one thing to block unwanted advertisements, its another to block a page that is trying to sell a product to a willing buyer.

I would also add that my company fully supports the efforts of AdBlock, in fact we don't want our ads to be seen by people that don't want to see them. In a perfect world our ads would only be seen by people that want to buy what the ad is selling.
mapx

Post by mapx »

ABP for android has some bugs so it's better for you to circumvent such problems. Try for example /adsclients/ or something else not matching rules in easylist.