ABP doesn't let me log into websites

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
tgf61387

ABP doesn't let me log into websites

Post by tgf61387 »

Hi all,

I'm a long-time user of ABP for the Web and can't imagine the internet these days without it. That said, I'm having a hellacious time on my Nexus 9. I have ABP installed, and it though it does the trick in blocking ads (mostly - not all, and yes, I have unclicked the allow some ads box, but I digress), I can't log in to ESPN.com or Yahoo.com.

When I try to log in, it takes my info as if it's allowing me to log in (i.e., when i mistype my password, it tells me wrong pw, but when i do it properly it's acknowleged tacitly by not rejecting it), but i'm not actually logged in. Whereas my username would typically appear on the top of the screen, it still says " Sign In" no matter what. When I turn off ABP, i can sign in and it works properly.

I have set up a bypass proxy for espn.com through the WiFi settings, but can't do it for yahoo as well (seemingly can only do one domain even though i tried to separate it by doing espn.go.com; yahoo.com, but it won't allow me to do anything beyond the first domain).

Does anyone have any ideas? I appreciate it greatly!!!
mapx

Re: ABP doesn't let me log into websites

Post by mapx »

try using the comma between the domains
en/android-images/proxy_settings.png?a=show
tgf61387

Post by tgf61387 »

Thanks mapx. The comma did the trick.

Of course, this solution just allows me to proceed without using ABP on these websites. Is there a way to log into these sites so that ABP actually works on them?

Thanks!
mapx

Post by mapx »

filtering the ads on android is not very simple, so there are still bugs. We can only wait for the devs to find the solution.
tgf61387

Post by tgf61387 »

Thanks mapx. Appreciate your help.