Not blocking Youtube ads LG G4

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Sionist23

Not blocking Youtube ads LG G4

Post by Sionist23 »

Hello community!

Adblock Plus has successfully blocked ads from my Youtube app on my LG G4 until recently. I think stopped working around the time of the most recent OS update. My Adblock is still configured to use a proxy when I'm connected to my home WiFi and at work, however the Youtube ads keep pouring in (it seems like every other video I watch). I even removed the non-invasive ads option to see if that would help.

I know if I root my phone I will have other options for removing ads, but I'm trying to avoid that because my last phone would not update once I had "modified" my OS by rooting it. I'm sure Stage Fright isn't going to be the only vulnerability for Lollipop and I want to be able to patch my phone when updates come. I'll root my phone if it comes to that but I wanted to ask you guys first to see if you had any suggestions.

I'm running Android version 5.1
YouTube version 10.34.57
mapx

Re: Not blocking Youtube ads LG G4

Post by mapx »

probably you also updated your YouTube app, because the newest versions provide ads via https which ABP (as a proxy) can not block
Sionist23

Re: Not blocking Youtube ads LG G4

Post by Sionist23 »

I did update my Youtube App. So you are saying that ABP can't block the ads because they're coming in through an encrypted route?