Doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy S7

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
haru123

Doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy S7

Post by haru123 »

Hello, I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 and I correctly installed the app but ads are still showing everywhere. I installed the app from the website en/android-install and I configured proxy settings to manual, localhost port 2020 as it told me. Am I doing something wrong, or does it not work on Galaxy S7?
lewisje

Re: Doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy S7

Post by lewisje »

I heard that it started having problems with Android 5.0, and unfortunately, ABP for Android is poorly maintained, and it didn't work well even when it did work.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
haru123

Post by haru123 »

lewisje wrote:I heard that it started having problems with Android 5.0, and unfortunately, ABP for Android is poorly maintained, and it didn't work well even when it did work.
That's really sad to hear. Are there any alternatives? Adguard works well, but it's not free.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

There might be a "fake VPN profile" style ad-blocker, like the ones available for iOS, but they're probably not free either; the closest thing offered by Eyeo is the Adblock Browser, which is based on Firefox and does not block ads in other apps.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.