How do I disable bookmarks in location bar? (Privacy)

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
splooooooge

How do I disable bookmarks in location bar? (Privacy)

Post by splooooooge »

Hi.

For privacy, I would rather not have my bookmarks populate into the location bar when I am typing in an address or a search. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a solution? Also what version of firefox is adblockplus browser based on? I ask because normally I could just go into about:config and switch Browser.urlbar.default.behavior to Restrict: Bookmarks (*). However, that option is not in there. I'm hoping to find the version of firefox/whateverbrowser adblockplus browser is based on, and then maybe I can find the right setting to turn it off.

Anyway, thanks in advance.
lewisje

Re: How do I disable bookmarks in location bar? (Privacy)

Post by lewisje »

It looks like the current build of adblockbrowser is based on Firefox 44 and development has stalled for two months, but anyway, the bitmask pref that you mentioned was removed from Firefox 36 and replaced with a set of individual prefs: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2920199

Also, you can go to about:about to get a full list of about-URIs, and I believe about: by itself brings up a small info page with the browser's version; also, about:support will show the browser's version and user-agent string.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.