I just want to download adblock plus

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
adest2701

I just want to download adblock plus

Post by adest2701 »

Hi, I want to d/l ABP on my old Samsung Tab2 . I have a few games installed for the kids and am getting hammered with ads. I thought I WAS d/l ABP but I got the browser instead. I don't access the games via the browser so how do I d/l ABP??? Every single time I "tap here to download ABP" I get redirected to the browser. Thanks
lewisje

Re: I just want to download adblock plus

Post by lewisje »

There is a small link on this page for downloading ABP for Android, at the end of the paragraph below the big button: en/android-install
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
rach

Post by rach »

Hey guys!

Our team is trying to understand why users want this app, and whether we can do anything to Adblock Browser to address these needs.
Would be highly appreciated if you could take 5 minutes to answer some questions.
Please send me a PM in case you are interested.

Cheers,
kohlehydrat

Post by kohlehydrat »

for me the reason is a legibility issue. i am still running an old samsung galaxy s2 with android 2.3.3 and the browser that comes with it not only allows you to change the font size but in addition the feature "auto-fit pages" then displays the larger text wrapped to fit the screen. all i need to do is tap the screen twice and can read without hunting for my glasses or having to continually scroll left, right, left.

currently i am being forced to use the adblock browser because the filter subsriptions won't update anymore on the app *plus* this causes the android browser to hang in such a way that i have to restart the phone several times a day. sometimes i need to take the battery out, replace, restart to get the android browser to work again.
what do i need to do to fix this?