Adblock Plus Just not working.

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
xifer

Adblock Plus Just not working.

Post by xifer »

I installed this on my AT&T Galaxy S6, And it doesn't work. I followed the instructions meticulously, but still to no avail.
I went into the settings, changed proxy to manual - Localhost - port 2020- exactly how i was instructed to do it. Yet - my connection was just fully blocked out. To everything - Apps - Browsers- EVERYTHING.

Any Help?
lewisje

Re: Adblock Plus Just not working.

Post by lewisje »

If your version of Android is greater than 5, it seems like it won't work; unfortunately, development has stalled on ABP for Android in favor of the Adblock Browser for Android, which works better in its own app but does not block ads in other apps.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
smed79

Post by smed79 »

AdAway is an alternative to block ads in other apps but first you need to root your android os.
chasm22

Post by chasm22 »

Hi. I've got a Galaxy S7 on Verizon that I just configured. It's running Android 6.0.1.

Certainly not perfect. When I tap a link occasionally I get an "error_connection_timed_out" message.
Sometimes reloading the page will work but sometimes it won't.
chasm22

Post by chasm22 »

Hi,

I'm not sure what happened but I had edited the comment above but somehow the edit didn't take. My error.

THIS IS THE SOLUTION THAT SOLVED MY PROBLEMS COMPLETELY. I had the 'data saver' option enabled on Chrome. As soon as I disabled it my connection problems disappeared.

Again, I have a Galaxy S7 on Verizon running ABP and after I did the above correction it seems to be running flawlessly. YMMV.