YouTube App still has ads

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
dfg555

YouTube App still has ads

Post by dfg555 »

Is there a way to stop these ads on the YouTube App at all? Both ABP and Adaway don't work? I have a rooted phone.
mapx

Re: YouTube App still has ads

Post by mapx »

probably no way as YT app delivers the ads on https connections.
dfg555

Post by dfg555 »

mapx wrote:probably no way as YT app delivers the ads on https connections.
Damn that sucks, so only way to see no ads is to use a Browser + Adblock or the ABP Browser?
mapx

Post by mapx »

yeah, adblock browser is better.
JoVadar

Post by JoVadar »

Yeah, one of the key design features for YouTube going in the gate was protecting their interests when it comes to ad's and ad revenue generated on the platform. Which is why now Facebook is pushing for "Unblockable" ad's using it's content delivery networks.
As someone who actually uses ad's to generate clients its sometimes sickening to see the ways Youtube and Facebook currently treat the consumer on the ad serving front. With Youtube's recent stance of what content can be shown in videos that are monetised its only a wonder where this will go next.
Stephanie Webb

Post by Stephanie Webb »

JoVadar wrote:Yeah, one of the key design features for YouTube going in the gate was protecting their interests when it comes to ad's and ad revenue generated on the platform. Which is why now Facebook is pushing for "Unblockable" ad's using it's content delivery networks.
As someone who actually uses ad's to generate clients its sometimes sickening to see the ways Youtube and Facebook currently treat the consumer on the ad serving front. With Youtube's recent stance of what content can be shown in videos that are monetised its only a wonder where this will go next.
+1, I like your point of view. Thanks for great explanation.
Kvaxi

Post by Kvaxi »

Use OGYoutube, I don't see ads there, on YouTube app you can't stop ads
sanusense

Post by sanusense »

Kvaxi wrote:Use OGYoutube, I don't see ads there, on YouTube app you can't stop ads
Will it work? Because Adblock disabling my Youtube app. After disabling it's working fine...
peterjohnson

Post by peterjohnson »

My add block extension block the youtube adds
Panarama

Post by Panarama »

You don't have to use the YouTube app, you can use a third-party app like VidMate. Everything is the same as on YouTube, only without ads :shock: