Page 1 of 1

YouTube App still has ads

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:09 pm
by dfg555
Is there a way to stop these ads on the YouTube App at all? Both ABP and Adaway don't work? I have a rooted phone.

Re: YouTube App still has ads

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:14 pm
by mapx
probably no way as YT app delivers the ads on https connections.

Re: YouTube App still has ads

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:34 pm
by dfg555
mapx wrote:probably no way as YT app delivers the ads on https connections.

Damn that sucks, so only way to see no ads is to use a Browser + Adblock or the ABP Browser?

Re: YouTube App still has ads

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:39 pm
by mapx
yeah, adblock browser is better.

Re: YouTube App still has ads

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:18 am
by JoVadar
Yeah, one of the key design features for YouTube going in the gate was protecting their interests when it comes to ad's and ad revenue generated on the platform. Which is why now Facebook is pushing for "Unblockable" ad's using it's content delivery networks.
As someone who actually uses ad's to generate clients its sometimes sickening to see the ways Youtube and Facebook currently treat the consumer on the ad serving front. With Youtube's recent stance of what content can be shown in videos that are monetised its only a wonder where this will go next.

Re: YouTube App still has ads

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:28 pm
by Stephanie Webb
JoVadar wrote:Yeah, one of the key design features for YouTube going in the gate was protecting their interests when it comes to ad's and ad revenue generated on the platform. Which is why now Facebook is pushing for "Unblockable" ad's using it's content delivery networks.
As someone who actually uses ad's to generate clients its sometimes sickening to see the ways Youtube and Facebook currently treat the consumer on the ad serving front. With Youtube's recent stance of what content can be shown in videos that are monetised its only a wonder where this will go next.


+1, I like your point of view. Thanks for great explanation.

Re: YouTube App still has ads

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:37 pm
by Kvaxi
Use OGYoutube, I don't see ads there, on YouTube app you can't stop ads

Re: YouTube App still has ads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:39 am
by sanusense
Kvaxi wrote:Use OGYoutube, I don't see ads there, on YouTube app you can't stop ads

Will it work? Because Adblock disabling my Youtube app. After disabling it's working fine...

Re: YouTube App still has ads

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:19 am
by peterjohnson
My add block extension block the youtube adds

Re: YouTube App still has ads

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:49 pm
by Panarama
You don't have to use the YouTube app, you can use a third-party app like VidMate. Everything is the same as on YouTube, only without ads :shock: