Adblock suddenly not working on tablet

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Nightwing28

Adblock suddenly not working on tablet

Post by Nightwing28 »

I got a new Samsung tablet a few weeks ago, galaxy tab a, and it's running Android 6. I learned that adblock apparently doesn't work with marshmallow whilst I perused the forums looking for a solution, but others who has trouble with android 6 and adblock couldn't run it at all, for me, it worked perfectly right up until yesterday when it started letting those crappy sex date ads through on streaming websites, namely watchseries.ag. the ads are basically like mid 2000's chat windows with a pretty partially naked girl saying "I'm in your area, wanna meet?" or something. Some websites have also started redirecting me to ad sites claiming my pc needs to be cleaned or install this or that, which is a lot more annoying.

I have "non-instrusive" ads turned off, I'm using the English filter list, but these stupid pointless ads keep getting through. This is also not the first I've experiened sudden adblock failure from adblock, it often let ads through on my laptop, but I usually just resolved that by installing another adblocker (alongside the ones I already had), unfortunately, there are a lot less options for tablets and phones and adblock plus is thus far the only one to actually block ads.

Oh, and I should add that they get through while I'm using the chrome browser. Also on games like sims free play, not yet on YouTube. I don't particularly care if ads aren't blocked in games, but chrome is a must. And I know there's the adblock browser, but I prefer chrome as it has all my data and everything synced. And chrome is the best.

Other numbers and tidbits:
Device Model: SM-T350
Android Version: 6.0.1
Adblock plus version: 1.3 build# 359

Please, please, PLEASE help me get rid of these stupid nuisances.
smed79

Re: Adblock suddenly not working on tablet

Post by smed79 »

Hi,
mapx wrote:if you have android 6 the app wont work, perhaps you should try the adblock browser: https://adblockbrowser.org/
(forum/viewtopic.php?p=157974&hilit=android+6#p157974)
Nightwing28

Post by Nightwing28 »

smed79 wrote:Hi,
mapx wrote:if you have android 6 the app wont work, perhaps you should try the adblock browser: https://adblockbrowser.org/
(viewtopic.php?p=157974&hilit=android+6#p157974)

No, I read that post already, but what I'm interested in is that it did work previously, and I'm now experiencing the sudden ineffectiveness as I did on my laptop, Windows 8. Unless ithe working for a while on my tablet was just a lucky fluke.
rach

Post by rach »

Hey Nightwing28!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
The Adblock Plus app (the proxy one) has currently no developers working on it, and at the moment we don't have any plans for it because of several reasons.
In any case, the same does not apply for the desktop version. I would suggest you post about the ineffectiveness of the ABP on your laptop as well. What browser do you use? And could you give us more details about that?
We would be happy to help.

Cheers