Moto-Z Force doesn't allow PROXY changes

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
KamBear88

Moto-Z Force doesn't allow PROXY changes

Post by KamBear88 »

Am having issues trying to change my PROXY settings on a new Moto-Z Force Droid smartphone. The app keeps telling me it can't communicate over Port 2020 and I need to make a change in the proxy settings. The unit is running on Verizon service, Android Ver. 7.0 (Nougat) , with a security patch dated Feb. 01,2017. The modification instructions for the proxy setings for ABP from the website for the Android system matches, up until it gets to the part of MANUALLY changing to Localhost, that option is not featured or available it seems.
I am offered: Install certificates, Wi-Fi Direct, WPS Push Button, WPS Pin Entry, Avoid bad Wi-Fi connections (toggle) Wi-Fi notifications (toggle), or Show Wi-Fi pop-up (toggle). Features 1 - 4 of that list do not offer these features either. Do you have and other suggestions?
I am attempting all of this to try to rid myself of the Social Buttons issue on various web pages, which are not accessible as a feature on Firefox you can terminate without some external intervention, thereby the AdBlock Plus app. Then there is the issue of trying to add an external Filter to ABP that will actually do the eliminating of the buttons, and those supplied in a dropdown list doesn't contain the filter list needed and no way is offered to enter anything else (as would match the product offered to Firefox running on a PC).
Any suggestions?
mapx

Re: Moto-Z Force doesn't allow PROXY changes

Post by mapx »

find other app, unfortunately ABP app is discontinued
forum/viewtopic.php?p=166265#p166265

or try the adblock browser
https://adblockbrowser.org/