Android Firefox 79 & up no longer supports AdBlock Plus?

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
MrGolem

Android Firefox 79 & up no longer supports AdBlock Plus?

Post by MrGolem »

Sadly, I was already using Firefox Beta (so I knew this day was close) now normal Firefox no longer offers ABP as an Addon, does anyone know "why" no more ABP support in FF? Will there be a solution one day?
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: Android Firefox 79 & up no longer supports AdBlock Plus?

Post by greiner »

We also found out about that only recently (see webext#243) and it's not clear why Firefox decided to drop support for extensions on Android. As far as I'm aware of, a handful of extension will continue to work but Adblock Plus is not one of them, which is strange considering that it has been the most popular Firefox extension for years.

According to Android Police, they seem to be getting quite a bit of negative feedback on that update though, so we're watching the situation closely.
samlarson

Post by samlarson »

Probably they are going to introduce their own ad blocker like others. But I think you can still use Adblock by installing the chrome version through the extension. Am I right
SabrinaF

Post by SabrinaF »

According to ot Firefox official information "Currently, only a limited number of extensions in our Recommended program are supported on the new Firefox for Android (codename: Fenix), it’s possible that not all the add-ons you have previously installed in Firefox for Android will be supported in the near future."It means new Firefox for Android could be the reason for this matter