AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
Pierre771

Re: AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer

Post by Pierre771 »

rajab wrote:
Pierre771 wrote:
Luxferre wrote:It looks like auto-updating of tracking protection lists is broken in IE10 for windows 7.It was working
fine in IE9.It was broken in IE10 "beta" and Microsoft didn't fix it in final version.I had to remove all
TPL's and install them again to update them.It is annoying to reinstall TPLs every day.I know that
Malware Domains list is updated daily.Microsoft sucks.
I hadn't notice it.

Important issue, I hope it will be fixed soon.
Another connexe pb in IE10 for Windows 7 :

In adds-on manager, when you click on "obtain a list..." to open the page : lists of protection against tracking

http://www.iegallery.com/fr/trackingprotectionlists

it opens it in the default browser : it should open it in IE even if IE were not the default browser (opening it in Chrome or FF has no effect).
Then you must force it manually in IE.
Luxferre

Post by Luxferre »

Yes,I can confirm that bug.I guess Microsoft doesn't care about Tracking Protection
anymore.They think they solved everything with Do Not Track option which is useless.
I added bookmarks for Easylist,Fanboy and Malware Domains lists.
Pierre771

Post by Pierre771 »

Luxferre wrote:Yes,I can confirm that bug.I guess Microsoft doesn't care about Tracking Protection
anymore.They think they solved everything with Do Not Track option which is useless.
I added bookmarks for Easylist,Fanboy and Malware Domains lists.
In fact, according to my (long) experience, I guess this kind of bug, for a big software editor such as MS or IBM, will never be fixed : IE10 for W7 doesn't have enough importance for them, the important now being W8, modern UI, phones, etc etc

I personnaly use only Easy list (+ French). Too many lists make the browser heavy and slow.
For malware domains I use a "hosts".
Imaidher@gmail.com

Post by Imaidher@gmail.com »

asdf wrote:Will IE8 be supported?
schlesi

Post by schlesi »

Any further news about adblock plus for IE10?
Is there any progress?
I am eagerly waiting it...

Post by Guest »

JayHutch wrote:Okay, so I'm writing this because you guys asked me how you could improve your product. Well, first of all, I use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox because it loads a lot better. So why don't you have AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer?

Post by guest »

Hi! just install all tpl from jansal media website+ quero tpl+all iegallery tpl except trutse and easy adblock+ css element hiding develop for opera most ads will be gone even in facebook and youtube;;;

Post by Guest »

schlesi wrote:Any further news about adblock plus for IE10?
Is there any progress?
I am eagerly waiting it...
This. I just now found this thread and am excited at the prospect of Adblock for IE. Been using IE7Pro with IE8 for years and have clung to IE8 for a number of reasons, but it's becoming so incompatible with everything, I'm going to be forced to upgrade to IE10 soon. If Adblock Plus is finally coming to IE, then I can wait a little longer. Can we please get confirmation that it's still being worked on?
Luxferre

Post by Luxferre »

Updating of TPLs in IE10 Windows 7 is fixed with latest Windows Updates.
Don't know about IE10 in Windows 8.
dan009

Post by dan009 »

I really don't know why anyone uses IE9 these days. I have it on my laptop because I need it for a couple of sites, but IE is a POS! IE crashes all the time. Chrome is so much better.

Post by Guest »

JayHutch wrote:Okay, so I'm writing this because you guys asked me how you could improve your product. Well, first of all, I use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox because it loads a lot better. So why don't you have AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer?
Steve6759

Post by Steve6759 »

The people have a right to know!
fake

Post by fake »

Probably it's just a fake. Why is noone answering the mass of questions? So many people would be happy to get an answer, but nothing happens. :cry:
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

It's still in development.
Stevey685

Post by Stevey685 »

What % of the project would you say has been concluded?