IE11 Windows 7

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
dprout69

IE11 Windows 7

Post by dprout69 »

Has anyone tried this combo with ABP and did it work?
primo62

Re: IE11 Windows 7

Post by primo62 »

No,it does not.
IELEVEN

Post by IELEVEN »

Works like a dream. IE11 and win7 - 32 bit.

All ads now blocked ............even youtube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dprout69

Post by dprout69 »

They haven't changed the version... did you just install it or something? There are tons of threads on here where they say it's causing problems
Xylia

Post by Xylia »

It basically works for me aswell on Win 7 64bit, IE11. There do appear to be quite a few problems on various websites while using ABP though. I don't know whether they're filter issues or related to the program itself so i'm not sure where to report them.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

What other add-ons are activated in IE?
dprout69

Post by dprout69 »

The only add ons enabled for me are Java
IELEVEN

Post by IELEVEN »

dprout69 wrote:They haven't changed the version... did you just install it or something? There are tons of threads on here where they say it's causing problems
No java and no other BHOS or toolbars or spyware installed.

.........Oh and did I mention NO FREEEEKING ADS.

Life is SO good.
IELEVEN

Post by IELEVEN »

Here's why I have never used java on any machine either at home or at work:

Google pays $17m to settle Safari cookie privacy-bypass charge

Summary: Settlement ends a two-year investigation into Google's cookie practices.

Google will pay $17m to settle claims by dozens of US states that it bypassed privacy settings in Apple's Safari browser designed to block third-party ad cookies.
The deal with 37 states and the District of Columbia prevents Google from installing cookies on any browser unless it has gained user consent.
Stanford privacy and law researcher Jonathan Mayer was the first to spot the issue, discovering that Google was using a snippet of JavaScript to override settings in Safari designed to prevent all third-party cookies from being installed in the browser.
Third-party cookies are used by ad companies such as ad company DoubleClick to deliver personalised ads, but have caused concern over their ability to track users' browsing habits across the web.
The states claimed that Google used the method to install cookies DoubleClick on Safari browsers between 1 June, 2011, until 15 February, 2012 without consumers' knowledge or consent.
They also claimed Google deceived consumers by telling them that Safari's default settings would block third-party cookies.

It's all about the MONEY baby!
IELEVEN

Post by IELEVEN »

Here's a test page for adblockplus in IE11 : http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threa ... test/page6

Click the link to open in a new window.

If what you see looks like this : http://s9.postimg.org/94bw2v5y7/TEST_PAGE_ABP.jpg

- the bit circled in RED your adblocker is successfully installed and working as it should.
primo62

Post by primo62 »

Ok, I have Win 7 64 bit IE 11 and it was not working for me. I found out that an add on (Do Not Track Me) by Abine.Inc was interfering with Adblock Plus.
You guys might want to check your add ons to see if they are also causing problems with your set up. It sure is easy enough to turn them on or off.
dprout69

Post by dprout69 »

I actually took the plunge and installed ABP after I wrote about my java add on above. I only hesitated because there work so many threads about it not working. ABP works fine for me. It misses a couple of things here and there, but I don't think it's any more than it was before. There was a problem with gmail, but IE11 didn't crash as some have suggested.

Win 7 64 bit IE 11
dprout69

Post by dprout69 »

Oh and I did this on two computers with the same setup.. a desktop and a laptop. The desktop installed fine the first time... the laptop wasn't blocking anything so I uninstalled and reinstalled and then it worked fine.
IELEVEN

Post by IELEVEN »

[b][u]primo62[/u][/b] wrote:Ok, I have Win 7 64 bit IE 11 and it was not working for me. I found out that an add on (Do Not Track Me) by Abine.Inc was interfering with Adblock Plus.
You guys might want to check your add ons to see if they are also causing problems with your set up. It sure is easy enough to turn them on or off.
Without doubt addons and BHOs in IE with ABP are an issue. I have been experimenting with BHOs and addons to see which work 100% with Adblock Plus in win7 with IE11. This is a list of the successful candidates : http://s22.postimg.org/lymkdk8r5/addons.jpg.

So far only those listed as ENABLED on this list have been proven to work 100% and with NO conflicts.

Both Abine and etrust rather than prohibit advertising actually whitelists advertising sites so that your PC will RECEIVE advertising. Strange behaviour for sites that declare themselves dedicated to consumer choice. Tracking lists such as these are not necessary with Adblock Plus installed. They are all irrelevant. If you think you should put a list in there - use Fanboy or easyprivacy.

Prouty - Pleased to hear it all worked out for you - did you uninstall Java on both those machines?
dprout69

Post by dprout69 »

Works fine with Java