Not working on IE (inori version)

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
materialrock

Not working on IE (inori version)

Post by materialrock »

So i'm using internet explorer 11 (inori version) and i can't find a way to activate adblock plus, for example i click on features then "open this dialogue" and the page goes blank. I'm using win 7 64bit, is the problem just with the inori version, or IE 11?
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: Not working on IE (inori version)

Post by MonztA »

Are you sure you are using the latest version of ABP (1.1)?
materialrock

Post by materialrock »

MonztA wrote:Are you sure you are using the latest version of ABP (1.1)?
i just went on en/internet-explorer and downloaded it
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Click on the cog wheel at the right corner at the top in IE and choose "Manage add-ons". Is Adblock Plus activated there?

Post by Guest »

MonztA wrote:Click on the cog wheel at the right corner at the top in IE and choose "Manage add-ons". Is Adblock Plus activated there?
i installed it, yet it doesn't show in my addons
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Does it appear if you choose to show all add-ons in the left drop-down menu in that window?

Post by Guest »

MonztA wrote:Does it appear if you choose to show all add-ons in the left drop-down menu in that window?
I tried to reinstall it and it appears now, yet even when i activate it the ads still show and the manage list page goes blank
JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

Guest wrote:
MonztA wrote:Click on the cog wheel at the right corner at the top in IE and choose "Manage add-ons". Is Adblock Plus activated there?
i installed it, yet it doesn't show in my addons
I'm having a similar problem , but in my manage add-ons it is shown and enabled. ABP is not appearing on my status bar.

Post by guest »

I am running Win 7- 64 bit. I recently had a problem with Oracle Java not showing in the manage add-ons in IE9 and yet Oracle was telling me it was installed. After much searching I found that in windows 7-64 bit you have 3 versions of internet explorer installed: a 32 bit version, a 64 bit version and a version with (no add-ons) for testing purposes. I was using the 64 bit version, when I switched to the 32 bit version the Java plug-in was showing. MAYBE this also applies with Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer. Check it and see. Access the different versions of IE using the Start Menu or lower left corner of your desktop.
zvh

Post by zvh »

I have similar probelm, on IE11, after install the add on is available, but there is no menu at all to configure it.
I went through all the menus in IE and nothing there about adblockerplus.

Would love to know how to change settings, enable or disable.
Thanks
GJL

Post by GJL »

zvh wrote:I have similar probelm, on IE11, after install the add on is available, but there is no menu at all to configure it.

Thanks
The ABP icon/menu is displayed at the bottom right of your screen on the "Status Bar".
You may need to turn on the "Status Bar" in your "View/Toolbars" menu.
animefan

Post by animefan »

GJL wrote:
zvh wrote:I have similar probelm, on IE11, after install the add on is available, but there is no menu at all to configure it.

Thanks
The ABP icon/menu is displayed at the bottom right of your screen on the "Status Bar".
You may need to turn on the "Status Bar" in your "View/Toolbars" menu.
We HAVE status bar opened, there is NO icon there. Thats the Whole problem!
mapx

Post by mapx »

if you can reproduce the issue file a bug on the tracker with all the details:
issues.adblockplus.org
Mildred

Post by Mildred »

I am having the same problems with IE 11 so I uninstalled it and installed IE 10 with Win7. Everything went bad after trying to install Chrome and I spent more than half a day with the Geek Squad who cleared out all malware, bugs, etc. I then uninstalled and reinstalled AdBlock Plus and more ads appeared. There is no icon on the Status Bar. How do I get that?
GJL

Post by GJL »

Mildred wrote:I am having the same problems with IE 11 so I uninstalled it and installed IE 10 with Win7. Everything went bad after trying to install Chrome and I spent more than half a day with the Geek Squad who cleared out all malware, bugs, etc. I then uninstalled and reinstalled AdBlock Plus and more ads appeared. There is no icon on the Status Bar. How do I get that?
This worked for me.
Start with uninstalling ALL installed add-ons.
Reboot, install Adblock Plus. It should now work as expected.

One at a time, install any of the previously installed add-ons you may require, testing ABP's functionality after each one.
In my case it was one of my installed add-ons that was bugging ABP.

Good Luck..
Last edited by GJL on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.