Crashes on Yahoo! Mail with IE11

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
Pikawho

Crashes on Yahoo! Mail with IE11

Post by Pikawho »

I'm experiencing a similar problem, except it is on IE 11. It only happens when I go to yahoo mail, but when I do, I almost always get the "internet explorer has stopped working" crash. I've check all my other add-ons, and when I disable adblock, it works. But I have to disable it from the Tools menu. Even if I tell Adblock to not run on yahoo mail, IE still crashes.
Risto

Re: Crashes on Yahoo! Mail with IE11

Post by Risto »

My Yahoo! Mail almost freezes in IE11 as well when Adblock Plus is enambled. It happens only with Yahoo Mail. The mailbox loads, but I rarely can read an email, because usually it does not load, cannot look other emails, cannot change folders, cannot delete emails (because the delete button does no work). But ads are blocked :D

The main reason why I installed Adblock Plus was that as my computer is 10y old and Yahoo! Mail is extremely low due to ads (sometimes even when I write an email, letters appear a second later after typing them : ). The Adblock did the job, removed the ads, but with a price. Yahoo mail cannot be used at all now. As other web pages work fine, I'm sure there's something how the Y!Mail is built and Adblock cannot handle it. Maybe some javascript, java or who knows where the issue is.
mapx

Post by mapx »

yahoo mail is a big crap ... use gmail
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

mapx wrote:yahoo mail is a big crap ... use gmail
That's not much help to people with existing Yahoo! Mail accounts as their main accounts: Migrating your contacts, Web profiles, online subscriptions, etc. to a new e-mail provider isn't as easy as your post makes it seem. Furthermore, in the past few years, Yahoo! Mail has actually improved and is about as good as GMail (Microsoft's Webmail client, Outlook f.k.a. Hotmail, is also very good by now).
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
mapx

Post by mapx »

outlook is good, yahoo is crap.

switching from yahoo to gmail:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/164640?hl=en
wayback

Post by wayback »

Pikawho, I have the same issue with Yahoo mail, but I found that I can get it working again if I add yahoo.com to the white list under Manage Blocking under the ABP Settings. Add yahoo to that list, then close and reopen IE11, and it should be working again. So you don't get any ad blocking at Yahoo, but you do everywhere else. I haven't tried it, but you might be able to get away with entering mail.yahoo.com in the white list, so you would get ad blocking at other Yahoo url's.

Edit: I meant get Yahoo mail working again without having to turn off ABP entirely - just turn it off for Yahoo.