A new version of Adblock Plus is ready to be installed.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
mungo

Re: A new version of Adblock Plus is ready to be installed.

Post by mungo »

mapx wrote:
steelgtr wrote:Where do I find a previous version af abplus?
bob
http://www.mediafire.com/download/46iby ... ie-1.1.exe

Mediafire seems to be a dangerous site. I found the download & there was an option to scan it for viruses.
I clicked that and got prompted to download a new media player. Forget that idea.
mapx

Post by mapx »

I don't get that "new media player" crap.
Anyway, whatever server you use there is a theoretically danger.

Did you scan your system for malware ?
use http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware
chrisu18

Post by chrisu18 »

:?: Iwant tu update my old WIN95- IE4.0....5.5 version to an practicable browser- like firefox 22.0 wich highest version is possible???

:shock: ihave seen that by the german wikipedia no post or artikle is published for IMPOrtant ADDON for INTernet explorer!!!

Please correct this with an original journal to send to wikipedia.org/de!!!!
i have made one first new lines there to be published!!
brendastetler

Post by brendastetler »

I am so sick of the popup that I am simply going to dump Adblock and Adblock plus...enough is enough!!
mapx

Post by mapx »

brendastetler wrote:I am so sick of the popup that I am simply going to dump Adblock and Adblock plus...enough is enough!!
use search function in the forum
see forum/viewtopic.php?p=111160#p111160
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

chrisu18 wrote::?: Iwant tu update my old WIN95- IE4.0....5.5 version to an practicable browser- like firefox 22.0 wich highest version is possible???

:shock: ihave seen that by the german wikipedia no post or artikle is published for IMPOrtant ADDON for INTernet explorer!!!

Please correct this with an original journal to send to wikipedia.org/de!!!!
i have made one first new lines there to be published!!
Surprisingly enough, it's Firefox 1.5.0.12, from seven and a half years ago: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org ... .12/win32/
(I learned this while compiling a list of the "latest browsers" for various platforms, during the migration away from SSLv3, and discovered to my delight that platforms as far back as Win3.1 and System 7 had browsers that could use TLS 1.0 at least, namely Netscape 4, although when I tried out NS4 on an XP VM I didn't see where to enable TLS, which I know was often disabled by default in the early days of the protocol.)

The latest version of ABP to support that browser is 0.7.5.5, from six and a half years ago: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... on-0.7.5.5
Direct Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... on-history
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.

Post by Guest »

mapx wrote:
skaizun wrote:since you do not believe us, I will probably not install any future adblock.
Where did you see such statement ?!
The devs need to know the steps to reproduce all your issues, it's simple.
Dang! I support a product and often have to ask customers to "Show me" so that I can troubleshoot and fix it. They do sometimes get upset and think I am saying I don't believe them. Nothing could be further from the truth but if I can't see it, it's pretty darned hard to fix it.
cynthiak7

Post by cynthiak7 »

I am getting this message every day. Sometimes I say yes, sometimes I say no. No matter what, it pops up every day. Help!
mapx

Post by mapx »

cynthiak7 wrote:I am getting this message every day. Sometimes I say yes, sometimes I say no. No matter what, it pops up every day. Help!
forum/viewtopic.php?p=111160#p111160
SFPeaches

Post by SFPeaches »

I am having the same issue. I uninstalled adblock plus over the weekend, reinstalled and at 11:19 am est I just got the same pop up asking me to install an update. It looks suspicious, it does not have the adblock plus logo and I am sick and tired of this as well. It seems to be it could be a virus so I have constantly run anti virus programs / malyware / etc. I wish this would get fixed!!!
Frank4d

Post by Frank4d »

I am having the same issue. I also noticed if I click to install it 4 times in a week, and look at Processes in Task Manager... there are 4 instances of msiexec.exe running (or if I clicked install 7 times there would be 7 instances of msiexec.exe).
SF Peaches

Post by SF Peaches »

I finally discovered that this is ONLY happening when I have Internet Explorer open. I mostly use Mozilla for 95% of my browsing, however, when I want to have 2 emails open, for instance, with yahoo, I have to use IE.

I hope this helps the tech support people Fix this issue because it is beyond annoying...and worse it makes me suspicious that IE wants me to click on YES so they can do something stealth to my computer!
SnideClyde

Post by SnideClyde »

When is this ridiculous problem going to be solved?? It must be a year now that this thing pops up every day!
BobK

Post by BobK »

A new version of Adblock Plus is ready to be installed..

And like all the other complaints going back years, it doesn't install anything and comes back the next day.

I am uninstalling it..

-- after uninstall, I find over 6 GB freed up!!!
rodak

Post by rodak »

I've been getting the same thing for the last couple of weeks. It's really annoying. I use IE, Chrome and Firefox, and if I shut down IE, the message goes away. I use IE mainly for internal business apps, so no need for adblock anyway, so I've disabled it in IE, and will see if that fixes it.