Cannot uninstall or update adblock for IE

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
GSF

Cannot uninstall or update adblock for IE

Post by GSF »

I cannot uninstall or update AdBlock Plus for IE from version 1.4.
I get the message that there is no file called "adblockplusie-1.4-multilanguage-x64.msi"

Really, if someone can just direct me to the download link for this specific file (and any associated), that'd be great.

Downloading the gpo version does NOT work, and running the exe version also does not work.

I tried removing the files and deleting the registry value, but I can't seem to get all of them; I must be missing something.

Either a manual uninstall instruction or just the multilanguage link would be great.

Image:
http://imgur.com/79o8Y94
pp999

Re: Cannot uninstall or update adblock for IE

Post by pp999 »

I am having the same problem, does anybody have a solution? I miss having my ads blocked.
"adblockplusie-1.4-multilanguage-ia32.msi"
mapx

Post by mapx »

deleting from registry should fix the issue, but the problem is finding all those elements / strings to remove
GSF

Post by GSF »

I tried doing so many things to the Registry, but no matter what I remove, it doesn't let me install.

Isn't there a link to the file somewhere??

Even when it doesn't appear to know WHAT it's looking for, it still says that an older version is installed and causes the update to rollback.

Can a moderator please link me (and the other poster having a similar problem) the files?
There doesn't appear to be any other way to get it to work.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

You might want to try the old "Windows Installer Clean Up" that sites like MajorGeeks should still have around.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.