Will ABP become faster?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
SimonV

Will ABP become faster?

Post by SimonV »

ABP is an excellent adblocker, but it takes a lot of memory and is less fast as Ublock.
Are there plans to make Adblock faster in the future, or is that technically impossible?

I've tried Admuncher, Adguard en Adfender, they all are fast but not as perfect in adblocking as ABP! :D
lewisje

Re: Will ABP become faster?

Post by lewisje »

I think you're asking in the wrong forum, because uBlock isn't available for IE; anyway, the ABP dev team does seriously try to make the extension as efficient as they can, and it could be a limitation of their overall architecture that leads it to run more slowly or use more memory than uBlock (put another way, HTTP Switchboard, the predecessor to both uBlock and uMatrix, was started by Raymond Hill partly out of frustration with how much memory ABP used).
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
SimonV

Re: Will ABP become faster?

Post by SimonV »

I know that Ublock isn't available for IE, of course. Otherwise I would use Ublock perhaps.
I've read a lot of the same comments about Ublock: "Tried uBlock and found that it did not stop as many ads as ABP."

Thanks for your information, anyway! :)