Browser crashes at startup.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
DrakePL

Browser crashes at startup.

Post by DrakePL »

Hi, I installed this Adblock Plus 1.5 on my mother's laptop, because she can use the latest version of Internet Explorer.
The problem is that the browser often does not load any pages at startup browser. This problem appeared after the installation of add-ons. I have to go into task manager and manually turn off adblock. Then the page loads fine. Can you fix this error, because most of the time I'm not at home and the mother is not able to close it manually.
DrakePL

Re: Browser crashes at startup.

Post by DrakePL »

Windows 8.1 is installed and the browser's desktop. No other extras are not included in addition Adblock. Adblock is running because it blocks ads and cookies. Only problem is an that often instead of pages loading at startup shows a blank card, and I have Adblock Shut down by the task manager.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Does it happen only for some specific page / site ? Which one ?
If you set for example google as home page do you still get that issue ?

(anyway you could install chrome / firefox on that pc, it's much better)
DrakePL

Post by DrakePL »

I mean that the home page when you start the browser sometimes runs well. But most runs of blank pages, and any other sites do not load. And I have to use the task manager to close Adblock Plus and then start normally.
And homepage is onet.pl But if i use google.pl and homepage i have the same problem.
(That is the point that my mother was not able to use other browsers than Internet Explorer.)
mapx

Post by mapx »

Difficult to reproduce this issue, could be related to the security software installed on that system.
You could temporarily disable antivirus / other security software and test again. Keep enabled only the default firewall in windows.
DrakePL

Post by DrakePL »

Antivirus installed Avast Free Antivirus, firewall is turned off. This problem have most of Interner Explorer users.

Here is link to same problem forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40668
GJL

Post by GJL »

I have many older clients using IE, they don't like change.
I have introduced ABP to all of them because it stops them clicking on malware infected ads.
When a computer is brought to me with problems running IE I clean up temp files & reset IE to defaults.
Nine out of ten times that fixes the problem but on very rare occasions I have to uninstall/reinstall IE (Usually due to malware damage).
I have yet to see a computer using IE that can't also use ABP.
DrakePL

Post by DrakePL »

After cleaning the disk of unnecessary data (cookies, old files after system updates, temp files) So far there is no problem with the program .. Thanks for your help.