Ad Blocker and Streaming Devices

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
kmanning

Ad Blocker and Streaming Devices

Post by kmanning »

I don't know why the Ad Blocker website does not have a contact information, so I thought I would post my question here.
I have Ad Blocker Plus installed on my computer and I use it to block ads when I watch videos on youtube. It works just fine on my PC, but when I watch the videos on youtube using my Roku streaming device, the ads are not being blocked. Now let me explain my setup. My Roku streaming device is connected to my TV upstairs and connects to the internet via the Wi-Fi downstairs which is connected to my computer. The Roku device comes with several apps, including youtube. I'm not sure how to explain this so maybe I should ask the question: Does the Roku device connect to youtube by it's own apps over the internet or does it connect to youtube by accessing the internet in the same manner as my computer? I'm thinking that it connects to youtube in the same manner as my computer. If that's true, why am I still getting ads on my Roku streaming device? If the Roku connects to youtube from within its own application, then I guess this would explain why I'm getting the ads. I'm really not sure how it works but I want my Roku device to block the ads. So, does Ad Blocker Plus have a download that will block the ads on my Roku streaming device?
smed79

Re: Ad Blocker and Streaming Devices

Post by smed79 »