Adblock Plus icon not on taskbar

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
mildred

Adblock Plus icon not on taskbar

Post by mildred »

Just installed AdBlockPlus for the third time in Windows 7 Professional/IE 11 and there is no icon on the taskbar. There is no way to add filters and ads are beginning to show on one site in the middle of the page. What do I do? Thanks.
mildred

Re: Adblock Plus icon not on taskbar

Post by mildred »

Thanks. I've tried all that and I still can't see the status bar, the icon or any way to view or change the filters. Any other suggetions? Thanks.
mapx

Post by mapx »

view / toolbars ==> "status bar" is checked ?
mildred

Post by mildred »

It was checked before, but when I viewed it again it was no longer checked. It is now! Thanks for your patience. However, how do I now filter ads I don't want to see? I clicked on settings but I don't see where I can change anything except allowing more ads. There is one truly annoying one and I am tired of seeing the ad in the middle of the page and looking at 'crepey skin'. I am feeling really dumb today.
mapx

Post by mapx »

The second link I provided above
forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40736

it's about adding other filters (because abp for IE has no "custom filters" feature and you can do it using a workaround ...)

Probably you should use chrome / firefox to have all the features.
mildred

Post by mildred »

Thanks again. I'm not a fan of Google or Firefox. I've been using AdBlockPlus for about a year and suddenly this one ad appeared on one site. It is in the middle of the page and includes a video which starts after you click on it. I've never clicked on it. Crepey skin is not important to me. I was hoping there was a way to remove the ad without changing the way I used my computer. If not, then I don't go on that site any more.
mapx

Post by mapx »

you could report that site directly at easylist forum:
http://forums.lanik.us/
mildred

Post by mildred »

Thanks for the link. I tried reporting it but they won't accept the report. Ther Captcha verify system is not working and I am now considered a 'spammer.' Guess it's not my day.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Tell me the site / page.
mildred

Post by mildred »

Lucianne.com Home Page. The ad is: How to: Fix Crepey Skin. It includes a video which you click to watch the 'presentation.' Upper right of the ad says: R-LU-C1. Beneath the ad: Skin-03. It also appears in the middle of the page on some Forum pages. I've used AdBlockPlus for some time and this just started appearing about 7-10 days ago.
GJL

Post by GJL »

No ads or popups at http://lucianne.com/ for me. I clicked all the links at the top of the page, no ads.
Have you tried a good malware scan?
mapx

Post by mapx »

reported here: https://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?p=91898#p91898

but now I see no ad where it was before.
mildred

Post by mildred »

I don't see any ads today either. I checked yesterday afternoon and the ad was not there but I waited until this mornning to be sure. There was a discussion the past few days on the Connection page so maybe Lucianne took care of it. They've been having problems with their site lately in other areas but it was strange that only one ad appeared on several pages. Thanks for your help. At least I found out how to view the status bar!
mildred

Post by mildred »

I now have the icon but when I try to change the settings I can only disable AdBlock Plus either on one site or all sites. The problem I had a few weeks ago (above) is now worsening. Lucianne.com is now showing Amazon, Ali Express and Blue Host as a banner at the top, along the left side and inbetween the articles. Others have tried to remove it but cannot. Is Lucianne.com purposely using a 'work around' to allow these ads on their site in order to make money?