ABP 1.5 does not work with IE 11

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
DaCajun

ABP 1.5 does not work with IE 11

Post by DaCajun »

Status Bar on.. Check

Add-on Enabled.. Check

Uninstalled 3 times and reinstalled same results. It doesn't like IE 11. The settings.ini file it created is 3 years old (10/20/2013) The Icon does not display and ads are not blocked. I even restarted the computer once after installing ABP 1.5 for IE. The add-on USED to work before 1.5 came out.. I've seen numerous posts about this problem and no real solutions.. HOW ABOUT MAKING IT WORK DEVELOPERS.. Did ya ever think about that?? Maybe it isn't the users but the product that is faulty?? I am a computer tech and have decades of experience working with and on computers. I'm no noob to say the least.. No I am not a programmer so I won't be fixing it for you. It works great for Firefox which is my main browser but when I have to use IE I would like to not be forced to see ads..
mapx

Re: ABP 1.5 does not work with IE 11

Post by mapx »

see
forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=43021

check all the points. ABP is working fine with IE 11.
Googleblock

Post by Googleblock »

I'm having a similar problem with ABP in IE 11... and that is, I can't get ABP to automatically eliminate Google Chrome ads from appearing on my Google Home page! Despite leaving the ABP Settings box empty that reads, Allow some non-instrusive advertising, Google Chrome ads... and other Google ads!... keep popping up!

To sum up... it would be really nice of ABP... under their Settings' "Manage" category... to enable users to post specific sites that these WANT TO SEE DISABLED!... in contrast to the option-- ONLY!-- of Posting the sites that users may WANT TO SEE ENABLED! For!... if Disabled Everywhere actually meant that, then why am I still getting Google ads on my bl--dy Google Home page?

No contact ABP!
GJL

Post by GJL »

@Googleblock..... I'm a little confused by your post. If you have selected "Disable Everywhere" it is ABP that you have disabled/turned off, not google ads.

BTW, The only google ad I see on my google home page is the get google chrome thing & that is only after I have cleared temp files. Once I close it with the X I don't see it again until after I next clear temp files.
sjcoker

Post by sjcoker »

AdBlock is not working for me in IE 11 on Windows 10. Status bar is on. Add-on is enabled.