Unable to install new downloaded update

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
ninlives

Unable to install new downloaded update

Post by ninlives »

I am sorry if this has been covered in the past but I do not have time to go through 708 threads to see if this has been discussed before. I have version 1.4 installed on I have no idea what IE since it does not tell me which one in on this computer. I am using Microsoft 2012 if that is of any help. I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled this program and when it tells me there is an update, I click install - it shows up for a nano and disappears. When I got on the web, the same message pops up saying there's a new update, now this can be in just a few minutes. What gives? I have this installed on another PC with Win 7 and have not had these issues. That computer does have Microsoft 2010, if that could be the issue.

I hope that I have given enough information in order to make sure I'm using the most up to date version of this program. I also have the app on my Samsung S4 phone and find that it's allowing video commercials to get through and am not a happy camper with that issue. Yahoo is trying their best to make sure that I'm seeing their stupid ads that does nothing but slow me down in whatever I'm trying to do.
lewisje

Re: Unable to install new downloaded update

Post by lewisje »

I don't know what "Microsoft 2012" and "Microsoft 2010" are, but anyway, to find out what version of IE you have...
  1. Right-click an empty area of the tab bar, then make sure "Command Bar" is checked.
  2. Click the drop-down menu by the ? icon.
  3. Click "About Internet Explorer".
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
ninlives

Post by ninlives »

lewisje wrote:I don't know what "Microsoft 2012" and "Microsoft 2010" are, but anyway, to find out what version of IE you have...
  1. Right-click an empty area of the tab bar, then make sure "Command Bar" is checked.
  2. Click the drop-down menu by the ? icon.
  3. Click "About Internet Explorer".
Thank you, found that I'm on IE 11 - now if we can get some answers as to why I can't get updates to load, I'll be set. While I was trying to reply, the new update found came up - clicked to update and it hit the screen for a nano-second without doing a thing constructive. Microsoft 2012 and 2010 controls Outlook, Word, Excel and a number of other programs, so I have to think that is where IE may come from also.
mapx

Post by mapx »

The last ABP for IE is 1.5
from
en/internet-explorer