Need a disable function for ABP

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
Hugo12

Need a disable function for ABP

Post by Hugo12 »

ABP works super on both my Windows 7 and my Windows 10 computers. Both with IE 11. I don't use EDGE, is not robust.

HOWEVER:
I have some sites that will not load unless I look at a specific ad. I am happy to view the ad but must uninstall ABP, and then re-install after I'm finished with the site

Anybody got a solution ?

Need an "on" - "off" switch for ABP.
mapx

Re: Need a disable function for ABP

Post by mapx »

click ABP icon (status bar), "disable on site" ==> for a site, "disable everywhere" for all sites. You don't need to uninstall ABP.
(or tools / manage addons, disable ABP)
Hugo12

Post by Hugo12 »

Found the easy solution:
Internet Options
Programs
Manage ad-ons
Disable ABP

When done simply reverser the steps and enable.

Find internet options with IE browser open, by using the Gear symbol in right hand corner.
Hugo12

Post by Hugo12 »

I do not have an ABP status bar, nor any other reference on the computers, except under the control-panel, programs-and-features.
GJL

Post by GJL »

The Status bar is part of IE, you have it.

Alt + V will open the "View" menu click on "Toolbars" & put a tick on "Status Bar".

The Status bar will appear at the bottom of your screen. The ABP icon will be displayed on that bar with the previously mentioned menu options.
Jerzy

Post by Jerzy »

It depends if one starts from the Start(Tiles) screen to access IE or change to Desktop (Windows 8.1), the latter is less user friendly,but offers the various setting functons
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

If you're talking about the Modern app for IE, that one doesn't even support extensions.

If you're talking about opening the Desktop version of IE from the Start screen, I'm not sure why that should be different from opening via a link in the Desktop view.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Dinie

Post by Dinie »

I can't find the Icon for ABP. Still it has been installed. How can I use setup now?
i have already tried to uninstall and install again.
Dinie

Post by Dinie »

Can anyone help me please with the setup of adblocker. I use IE 11 and don't have an ABP icon. I have the status bar, but no ABP-icon!