Sites forcing me to disable ABP for Internet Explorer

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
Neil Prague

Sites forcing me to disable ABP for Internet Explorer

Post by Neil Prague »

I know this has been raised before but all the answers I've found refer to browsers other than IE. More and more sites are refusing to show content unless ABP is disabled. I've tried using different filter lists but this doesn't help. ABP seems to be much more basic for IE than other browsers and there is no obvious way to stop sites doing this other than disable ABP, which rather defeats the point of having it!

Is it possible to adapt ABP for Internet Explorer to bypass the code that denies ABP users access to the site's content?
mapx

Re: Sites forcing me to disable ABP for Internet Explorer

Post by mapx »

it's all about filters. As you can see in the sticky threads there is an workaround to add custom filters (using ABP in firefox and then bring them in ABP for IE).

However, report those pages which are blocking the access (preferably report directly at easylist forums)
Neil Prague

Post by Neil Prague »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not currently using ABP in Firefox because ads don't slow it down anything like as much as like they do IE, but if more sites start to block ABP I'll follow your suggestion.

This is what the anti-adblocker brigade don't understand. If ads didn't slow pages to a crawl and/or freeze them, far fewer of us would resort to adblockers in the first place.

Best wishes

Neil
mapx

Post by mapx »

however, if you'll change browser better use chrome + ABP (faster).
Neil Prague

Post by Neil Prague »

Not a Google fan I'm afraid. In fact it was Google ads that rendered some sites unusable on IE and led me to use ABP! Still, thanks for the tip and I very much appreciate the work that goes into your product.

Neil