Ad Block for IE: Settings

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
Dr H

Ad Block for IE: Settings

Post by Dr H »

I've used Adblock Plus with Firefox for a couple of years now, and it works great. What I especially like is how easy it is to add to, or delete from the "block" list. I just click on "settings, and I see the list, and I can check or uncheck items already there; add a new site simply by clicking "add filter" and typing in the address; or remove a site from the list by right-clicking and deleting.

Sometimes, however, I am forced to use Internet Explorer. I've installed Adblock Plus on IE, but it doesn't work the same -- or as well -- as it does in Firefox. A lot of supposedly blocked ads and pop-ups seem to be making it through. When I try to change the setup, I don't get anything like the options available in Firefox. I simply get a screen with two options: "Language", and "Manage Blocking".

All "Language" lets me do is select from pre-existing lists in various languages.

All "Manage Blocking" lets me do is \disable\ blocking for certain websites.

There doesn't appear to be any way to *add a new site* to the block list. Indeed, there doesn't even seem to be any way to see the block list, as there is in Firefox.

Am I missing something here, or does Adblock Plus just not work with IE?
lewisje

Re: Ad Block for IE: Settings

Post by lewisje »

The ABP for IE user interface is much more limited than even ABP for Chrome (which itself is more limited than ABP for Firefox).
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.