Videos

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
DSnow

Videos

Post by DSnow »

I'm having issues with videos on some sites working, and other sites they won't load. I'm using ABP with IE, Firefox and chrome. IE is the only one with this issue. I definitely have a problem with foxnews.com and aol.com. I don't do a lot of surfing so there may be other sites also. As I said, some sites work. I've reset IE and found ABP is the trouble maker and again, only in IE. I'm using Windows 10 with IE 11. I don't like blocking ABP on those sites because of the objectionable ads which come through without it active. I've also ran sfc to check the Windows system files and they are OK. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I could use the other browsers but I have a password program and some other items I want to use IE for.
kwtskirk

Re: Videos

Post by kwtskirk »

I too am having the same issue. In IE 11, Fox News' website will no longer play any videos but they do work in Chrome with ABP installed. I have also noticed ABP causing various sites to hang in IE 11 (Win 10). If I disable the plugin then all sites work normally. I can now validate this on several different machines so there is definitely something up with ABP. Any ideas on a fix for this? Please keep in mind that as an IT Professional, I have tried everything I can think of and nothing makes it work correctly. There is a new variant of the Locky virus that is now infecting machines via infected ads so this application is certainly a plus on the front lines of protection.
kwtskirk

Post by kwtskirk »

:?:
Last edited by kwtskirk on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mapx

Post by mapx »

the last dev build was released in november:
https://downloads.adblockplus.org/devbu ... ockplusie/

Did you try it ?
kwtskirk

Post by kwtskirk »

So far, the "update" seems to work in IE now. But anyone that attempts to install will get version 1.5 and not the version you linked to. Any ideas as to when the next release will be out to the public?
mapx

Post by mapx »

I have no idea what the devs will do ..
kwtskirk

Post by kwtskirk »

After testing this on two different machines, it too fails. Although videos now play, it causes IE to crash constantly. So until further notice, I have no choice but to recommend that none of my clients install this software. :(