ABP Feature links fail to open in Win7 w/ IE11

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
El Abuelo

ABP Feature links fail to open in Win7 w/ IE11

Post by El Abuelo »

I am unable to open any of the ABP Feature links such as Disable Social Media Buttons> Open this Dialog. The first time I click it, I get "The webpage cannot be displayed." If I retry, it continues to look for the webpage and never stops.

I have reset my Internet Explorer 11 to default values, but it did not help with this problem.

Ideas anyone??

Thanks!
mapx

Re: ABP Feature links fail to open in Win7 w/ IE11

Post by mapx »

ABP for IE can use only easylist (+ eventually a regional list)

for other lists ==> workaround:
forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40736
El Abuelo

Post by El Abuelo »

mapx,
Thanks for your prompt response. I had already learned that I could only have one installed list on ABP, but I could see that Fanboy could be associated with EasyList. I looked at the link that you provided, and I had seen that page as well.

Now, am I to understand that, in order to use the work-around, I first download & install Firefox, then assemble the combination of EasyList+Fanboy, and somehow transfer that to my IE add-on for ABP? Really???

I do appreciate your help. :^)
mapx

Post by mapx »

Sure, in firefox you add what lists you need, then follow the indications to add them (as patterns.ini file) in ABP for IE.
El Abuelo

Post by El Abuelo »

Well, that seems to be a rather cumbersome approach, but I guess I must realize that it is a "work-around", and just deal with it until something better is programmed into it.

Thanks for your help!!