OK Ads Filter

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
macsimum

OK Ads Filter

Post by macsimum »

Searching for

Adblock Eyeo GmbH

you get lots of results linking to reports about the new Partner of Adblock. Obviously the owners of the company take money from advertisers to have their ads put on the white list.

How can we go back our old Adblock, without dooming the free, advertisement funded Webservices we love to dry out.

---------------------------------------------------------------
edit by mapx
use an appropriate language

about Eyeo GmbH
blog/introducing-eyeo-gmbh-the-company- ... block-plus
mapx

Re: OK Ads Filter

Post by mapx »

read here
en/acceptable-ads

you can disable the feature
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

I want to point out that Eyeo was actually founded by the original developer of Adblock Plus so Adblock Plus is still the same as it was before but there are now more people involved in the project. Eyeo is not a partner but it is Adblock Plus.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Basically, once Palant and Faida teamed up and decided to make contractual agreements with advertisers, they decided they needed a corporate structure instead of putting their own names directly on the line.

Maybe it's also easier to raise money (and it's definitely easier to hire employees) when you're doing it as a legal incorporation rather than "Wladimir Palant & Till Faida"
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.