TopCashBack and Quidco tracking blocked by Adblock Plus

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
Andaho

TopCashBack and Quidco tracking blocked by Adblock Plus

Post by Andaho »

I just discovered the cause for my purchases on TCB (TopCashBack) not tracking, was due to Adblock Plus blocking most affiliate tracking links from working correctly.

I've decided the best solution is for me to use a different browser (IE rather than chrome) specifically for TCB purchases.

Is affiliate tracking blocked on purpose?

If so, for what reason?

If not, it would be nice if the filters could be updated to allow TCB and quidco tracking to work.
Andaho

Re: TopCashBack and Quidco tracking blocked by Adblock Plus

Post by Andaho »

Additional details:

Adding TCB or Quidco to allowed sites does not fix the problem - as the problem lies on the affiliate tracking pages after you click to navigate away from TCB/Quidco.

(Sorry, I can't edit because I'm posting as a guest.)
Ok

Post by Ok »

Cash back sites use the same tracking as regular advertisement and can not be unblocked alone. But I think that tracking links should not be blocked in the adblock lists but in the privacy lists because blocking tracking does not result in less displayed advertisement. (tracking is invisible)
robertford

Post by robertford »

Is it true that adblock plus will not allow to track? But it is very essential for cashback.
delivion

Post by delivion »

Hmm its much popup on topcashback actually asking you for sign up etc. This site

Code: Select all

https://freedeliverydeal.co.uk
is serving the same purposes, money saving and are free from Adblock plus or any other similar programs.