ability to deselect some "Acceptable ads"

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
trlkly

ability to deselect some "Acceptable ads"

Post by trlkly »

I would really like to use the "acceptable ads" feature, but I can't figure out how to do that while still choosing to block ads from certain websites.

Specifically, if it matters, I have decided to not accept any ads from Google due to the way they handle fair use on YouTube, going well above the law and even blocking monetization when the content owner gave explicit permission. I'm even allowing the ads on (some) Blip videos in protest (despite thinking they were jerks to try and stop adblock), to try and provide some competition.
abakus

Re: ability to deselect some "Acceptable ads"

Post by abakus »

Hey,

if you use firefox you can deactivate all white list rules that bothers you. You have to enter 'about:config' into the address bar and change the key 'extensions.adblockplus.subscriptions_exceptionscheckbox' to 'false' by clicking on it. After that open the filtersettings of AdblockPlus. Than you can see the 'Allow non-intrusive advertising' and can deactivate rules you don't want to apply.

greetz,
abakus