Acceptable Ads

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
Sam L

Acceptable Ads

Post by Sam L »

I am in favor of the concept of "Acceptable Ads" for the following reasons:
(1) Advertising, like cheering for your sports team, attracts attention.
(2) Our free enterprise economy relies upon the implied freedom to advertise. But like all other freedoms there must be rules and limits!
(3) Here's the the sticky bit! Who shall make the rules for me? If I don't then
Government will. IPad prefer to build a felt governing and democratic (little d) internet.
(4) Out of the bravest and brightest minds will emerge the best solution and I strongly desire that it be as individualized as possible.

"Acceptable Ads" is a great start in the right direction. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
packnrat

Re: Acceptable Ads

Post by packnrat »

NO ad is acceptable.

ok sure if a web site sell ad space ON THERE PAGES. maybe those can be covered up with a strip of card stock hiding the side of the screen.
but these pop up in your face shit is NOT acceptable. making so much noise you have to turn off your speakers.

making it so you can not even read let alone buy any products from the place you want to buy from.

NO ad trying to sell you stuff you have NO interest in is a "good" ad.
lewisje

Re: Acceptable Ads

Post by lewisje »

packnrat wrote:NO ad is acceptable.

ok sure if a web site sell ad space ON THERE PAGES. maybe those can be covered up with a strip of card stock hiding the side of the screen.
but these pop up in your face shit is NOT acceptable. making so much noise you have to turn off your speakers.
Have you even read the Acceptable Ads criteria?

en/acceptable-ads#criteria
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.